The KZN Arts and Culture Trust was formed in 1995 to cater for the needs of the KZN arts and culture communities. It was also commissioned with the task of organising, developing, supervising and integrating provincial projects and ensuring that the established regions function effectively, efficiently and economically. One of the core functions of KwaCulture is to ensure that the development and promotion of previously disadvantaged art forms is decentralised. This we do by hosting and facilitating the following;
- Stage regional Arts Festivals
- Co-ordinate education and training programmes
- Participate in provincial, national and international Arts fesitivals
- Set Up district Arts structures and forge partnerships with local government
- Hold bi-monthly financial and project reporting meeting.